Where to stay in Bangkok
Introductions to Stylish Budget Hotels, Trendy mid-range Hotels & Best value 5 Star luxury Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok is known as one of the global tourist destinations where travellers can pay less money for more luxury. There are always unbelievable hotel deals to surprise visitors. With many world class hotel chains and almost monthly new grand openings, Bangkok definitely has a reason to boast its spacious, stylish, beautiful hotels with the best value for every penny spent.
When it comes to the question “Where to Stay In Bangkok?”, the answer lies in location and value for money! No matter if travelers are in Bangkok for business or leisure, looking for budget, mid-range or luxury hotels, Bangkok can cover it all. MRT and BTS skytrain station areas are most popular for its easy access to food, shopping, nightlife and local attractions. Hope the following recommendations will be a good guide to help travellers to pick the best hotels in Bangkok.
Where to Stay In Bangkok?
Staying close to MRT stations & BTS skytrain stations are always among the smartest choices for the convenience of everything. There are many inexpensive hotels in Bangkok ideally located near Asok, Siam, Chit Lom and National Stadium stations. Not only are they beautifully designed, surrounded by unlimited options of food, shopping & nightlife but also they provide best opportunities to experience affordable luxury and superb services.
Highlights of popular areas for Bangkok Accommodations:
- BTS Asok Station: Asok is one of Bangkok’s busiest business districts and best connected areas. BTS lines connect and interchange here. When it comes to shopping, travellers never need to leave the Asok area to find everything they need thanks to the famous Terminal 21.｜Top Hotels in Asoke Station
- BTS Siam Station:Siam Station area is known as the hub of Bangkok’s many luxury shopping centers. The Siam Station is directly linked via a sky bridge to Siam Square One, Siam Paragon, and the twin shopping malls- Siam center and Siam Discovery center. It is the cross-platform interchange station for BTS between Silom and Sukhumvit lines. There are many 5 star hotels in Bangkok lining up at Siam station area with easy access to everything in Bangkok. It is an ideal district for local and foreign travelers to hang out and explore.｜Top Hotels in Siam Station
- Thonglor Station: This is Bangkok’s hippest district that attracts young crowds. Travellers love this area for its charm of great food, popular café, Bangkok’s well known High-Tea restaurants and trendy shopping. It is a perfect place for young or young at heart travelers to bring on their parties.｜Top hotels in Thonglor area
Best Bangkok Hotels-Budge level
Travellers can pay as little as $70 USD a night to stay at hotels in Bangkok without having to compromise their demand for style of design and quality of service. Bangkok is an international metropolitan that is never short of varieties in style, from minimalistic, vintage, industrial to classic, luxury and sophisticated, Bangkok has it all with the best value for money.
I will share my own experience and give some suggestions to help selecting the best hotels in Bangkok.
The following are something for you to read and watch as references.
BTS Asok Station Vintage Hotel with Unique Ceramic Decor -Tints of Blue
- Location: Tints of Blue hotel is within walking distance to BTS Asok Station and MRT Sukhumvit Station. It has a central yet very quiet and peaceful hide –away location. Hotel provides free shuttle service to /from BTS stations.
- Features: Tints of Blue is a highly rated hotel for its vintage design and decor. Hotel lobby is very artistically decorated. Overlooking beautiful greeneries, guest rooms are spacious and bright with elegant vintage look floors. Each room is equipped with a kitchen sink, microwave, stove-top and dinnerware. The Tints of Blue Hotel is a perfect place to enjoy the perks of good location and great value that Bangkok proudly presents.
ThongLor Station Fantasy Style Internet-Famous Hotel-The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57
- Location: This hotel is centrally located in the Thonglor vibrant neighbourhood surrounded by many Japanese Restaurants, Internet –celebrity cafés and popular high-tea restaurants. It is only a 5 minute walk away from BTS Thonglor Skytrain Station. The modern trendy atmosphere wins over many young travellers.
- Features: The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57 is not only a place to stay during travel but more like a private luxury home on a corner of a European street, where fantasy is made real and reality is beyond imagination from the minute guests step into the lobby. Fantasy style decor, good looking staffs, quality sound-proof guest rooms and budget-friendly room rates all contribute to the solid reasons why it is couples and young adults’ favorite pick. This is one of the best Bangkok hotels I’d like to recommend.
- Amenities & Services: The cozy photogenic Bar Storia Del Caffé is a place where travellers can grab some great food or try a few sips of drink. Thai costume rental service is available free of charge.
Thong Lor quality hotel- Volve Hotel Bangkok
- Location: Just less than 5 minute-walk from the BTS Thong lor Station, Volve Hotel Bangkok sits in the heart of Thonglor neighbourhood that is favored by internet celebrities and young visitors. The convenient location close to many food options provides guests the opportunities to start a laid-back day by having breakfast at local trendy café, then continue with enjoying an afternoon tea at an Internet-famous popular High-Tea restaurant, and wrap up the day by relaxing at the spa for a massage.
- Features: The hotel has a popular hip style in design and decor. The lobby is surrounded by a gorgeous green garden and lit up by plenty of natural Sunlight. Guest suites present a nice modern concept of design with living areas separated from the bedroom. This room layout is perfect for those who look for a little bit of extra luxury and space to stretch out.
- Amenities & Services: The outdoor Yesteryear Café has a beautiful garden setting.The breakfast area is thoughtfully designed with decorations and details to ensure unforgettable guest experiences. The breakfast menu offers big selections of delicious food which can be served as a set combo or buffet.
Asoke Station self-catering Hotel-Somerset Maison Asoke Bangkok
- Location: 10 minute walk to BTS Asok Station.
- Features: Somerset Maison Asoke Bangkok is a budget apartment hotel that provides a balanced lifestyle no matter visitors are traveling on business or leisure . Each guest suite is fully equipped with a living room, bedroom, kitchen, microwave, toaster, tea- maker and laundry facility. English speaking staff impress guests at the modernly decorated check-in lobby with warm thoughtful services in a welcome home atmosphere. A glass of ice drink upon arrival at check in lobby might be the coolest way to start the stay at Somerset Maison Asoke Bangkok
- Services: free shuttle to /from BTS & MRT exchange, guests can make arrangements via hotel service APP. The good looking shuttle bus driver may make the first impression surprisingly unforgettable.
Siam Station Hotel –Mercure Bangkok Siam
- Location: Short distance to National Stadium BTS skytrain station. Siam Shopping Center is a 5 minute walk away. 45 minute car ride will get guests from Suvarnabhumi international airport to hotel.
- Features: Mercure Bangkok is a highly rated hotel for both business and leisure travel. Besides its perfect central location, Mercure Bangkok Siam delivers solid Mercure standard with tasteful design, thoughtful amenities and superb services. All air guest rooms are non-smoking with city views and feature air conditioning, mini bar, in room safe, fridge and free WIFI. Hotel facilities include a 24 hour dining restaurant providing international cuisines, an outdoor pool, a fitness center and a lobby bar with terrace overlooking the cityscape. Mercure Bangkok Siam values every customer’s experience and is handicapped-guests friendly with facilities available to guests in need.
Nana Station Thai Vintage style hotel-Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8
- Location: Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 is just a 7- minute walk from BTS Nana Station, and 6 minutes to Terminal 21 by walk. Guests can take advantage of the free Tuk-tuks service to reach the hotel.
- Features: Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 features a charming characteristic vintage look in design and decor. Situated down at the end of a small alley off the busy Sukhumvit road, Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 offers guests peaceful quietness while they are staying just a stone’s throw away from Bangkok’s most bustling commercial and shopping area. Guest rooms are not over-sized but best of all, their room deals are hard to beat.
Ratchathewi Station Princess Style Hotel-Hua Chang Heritage Hotel
- Location: Hua Chang Heritage Hotel is located in Bangkok’s busy commercial hub Siam district, close to Ratchathewi Station and a short walk to Siam Paragon. It offers easy access to many local attractions.
- Features: Known as a budget-friendly upscale hotel in Bangkok, Hua Chang Heritage Hotel features Thai colonial vintage design and decor, story- telling luxury spacious guest rooms, contemporary environmental friendly amenities and authentic Thai cuisine.
Mid-Range Bangkok accommodations
One of the best things to do in Bangkok is to take advantage of the unbelievable affordability of world class hotels and enjoy the inexpensive luxury. For repeat visitors, a fun trip to Bangkok may only mean hanging out at a vacation resort to unwind. Where to stay in Bangkok with as little as $140USD.
Best Value 5 star resort style hotel-U Sathorn Bangkok
- Location: U Sathorn Bangkok sits in the peaceful part of Bangkok .The hotel offers shuttle to pick up and drop off guests from Lumpini MRT station exit1, or guests need to take a Grab because there is no public transportation nearby.
- Features: This Bangkok 5 star hotel features a French colonial exterior design, spacious contemporary guest rooms, a swimming pool surrounded by a restful green garden. Hotel has a 24-hour use of room policy, giving guests the privilege to use their rooms until the same time on the day of departure. It is one of the best hotels in Bangkok with great value.
Siam Station reputable chain 4 star hotel – Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
- Location: The 4 star Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is conveniently located in the vibrant centre of Bangkok. Siam skytrain station can be reached in 2 minutes by walk. Siam Square and Siam Paragon are within walking distance.
- Features: Novotel Bangkok features a prime location offering easy access to transportation, shopping and local attractions. It showcases the consistent high standards of amenities and service by the Novotel brand. It is not a new hotel but has been nicely renovated.
Asok Station 5 star hotel-Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21
- Location: The Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 Bangkok ideally nestles in the heart of Asok district with direct access to the BTS Asok Station via a skywalk. Terminal 21 is just a stroll away.
- Features: Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 Bangkok is a brand known for luxury, comforts and convenience. It features surprisingly spacious rooms and suites with nice views, deluxe bedding and modern amenities. Many local excursions meet and depart from the front of the hotel thanks to its central location.
Ratchadamri Station Thai style hotel-Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
- Location: 2 minute walk to BTS & MRT Ratchadamri Station, Central World shopping center is within 5 minutes walking distance.
- Features: Managed by Minor Hotel Group, Anantara is a luxurious hotel & resort brand who covers expanded destinations in Asia Pacific, South Asia, Europe and South America. Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok that embraces the harmony of urban luxury and natural beauty. It combines an unrivaled location with Thai style iconic design and thoughtful amenities. Guest rooms feature elegant décor reflecting rich Thai culture. Hotel has a swimming pool and spa. There are 9 restaurants and lounges on property offering international cuisine and delicious breakfast.
Luxury high-end Bangkok accommodations
Where to stay in Bangkok for travelers who can stretch their budget to$350USD a night? Do the big names like Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, The St. Regis, Shangri La and Hyatt Regency sound too good to be true? Believe or not they can be real! One thing that visitors do not want to miss in Bangkok is to try the opportunity of living like a celebrity. It has never been cheap to experience the world’s top class luxury, to appreciate the splendid hotel architecture & art décor or to dine at Michelin restaurants in many other international destinations, while Bangkok is the magical city that can make the glamorous dreams come true without burning holes in travellers’ pockets. The following are our recommended 5 star Bangkok accommodations:
Riverside Resort-style Hotel-Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
- Location: Perched on the bank of Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is just steps away from BTS Saphan Taksin Station. Hotel offers free shuttle service to/from Central Pier.
- Features: The landmark Mandarin Oriental Bangkok ranks one of the best hotels in Bangkok for unquestionable reasons. Outfitted with silk fabrics and regal teak appointments, guest rooms at Mandarin Oriental feature refined Thai style modern interior design. All accommodations at the hotel feature butler service. Hotel has an outdoor pool, gym and tennis court. Hotel staff are helpful and multilingual as well. Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is home to 10 restaurants and bars. The signature Thai restaurant Sala Rim Naam features nightly live performance of Thai music and dance. Guests also can enjoy afternoon tea at Authors’ Lounge.
Luxury resort-style hotel-Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Location: This luxury hotel is located close to BTS Chit Lom Station behind the famous landmark Erawan Shrine with easy access to Pratunam Market.
- Features: Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok features luxurious guest rooms that are beautifully designed with a balance of contemporary interior and Thai traditional elements. The floor-to-ceiling windows amplify the stunning view of cityscape. This 5 star hotel offers superb services to enhance best customer experience. Guests can dip into the outdoor swimming pool to unwind and relax, or enjoy a massage at the award winning I. Sawan Residential Spa & Club to indulge the elevated comfort and luxury.
Luxury resort-style hotel-Siam Kempinski Hotel
- Locations: The 5 star Siam Kempinski Hotel is perfectly located within an easy walking distance to BTS Siam Station
- Features: Situated at the most popular commercial district of the city, Siam Kempinski Hotel is an oasis of urban resort-style hotel with a prime location linked to various options of shopping, dining, and endless entertainment. This hotel features 3 restaurants and bars including the Michelin one star Sra Bua By Kiin Kiin.